Saturday, June 20, 2009

Compl-eat: Assignment Twent-HEYYY


What do I love about my city? The desserts. Yeah no one wants to talk about the desserts in LA because no one else but me eats them. It's like if no one drove cars in Texas- all that oil would be YOURRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I bring you something I love about my city in the shape of desserts in the shape of free verse poems
APPLE FRITTER FROM "BOB'S DOUGHNUTS".
Yes, Dicky, you can share with me.
No, Dicky, I changed my mind.
This apple. This fritter. This be mine.
Crunchy on the outside. Soft on the in. Like. Me.
Real apple?
Then let's play pretend. Let's pretend you are healthy.
Just over a dollar?
Fuck you, Bob's. That's called enabling a habit forming addiction.
Apple.
Motherfucking.
Fritter.

PINKBERRY FRO YO FROM "PINKBERRY"
Fruit or cocoa pebbles or mochi balls go on you.
You are frozen yogurt but you taste like lemon.
You taste like a mystery.
You taste like a secret.
You taste like Hush Hush. Hushhhhhhhh.
You have crack cocaine in you.
That is probably the secret hush hush mystery.

APPLE PIE SHAKE FROM "8 OZ BURGER BAR"
I only just found you and you rocked my world hard.
Like a rock that is hard. A hard rock. If. You. Will.
There's no describing you, except for to call you by name.
Apple Pie Shake.
Yep. That's exactly what you are.
You don't
fuck
around.

COTTON CANDY CUPCAKE FROM "CRUMBS"
You don't even make sense. And yet,
you are everything child Kate has ever wanted in a sweet.
Nothing could ever over-shadow your creation. Unless of course...
Skittles Sandwich on Nerds Bread.
Child Kate is still holding out for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment