Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Assign Elev- Par Tw

Nice work, gumshoes- you have made up an event and registered for it. I'll be honest, I didn't know which direction part two was going to go. At first I thought part 2 was going to be, "now you must get yourself one thing from your own registry". Then I thought, well that's stupid because I have the inside scoop on that so I'll only put things that I'd actually get myself. Okay fine- we'll get the other person to get one thing off of our registry. Then I had the suggestion from my co-worker Tal (she's the one that took me to get fish) to have a challenge to see who could get more people to give them things from their registry. This is by far the best of the ideas, but Laura and I were uncomfortable extracting compliments from people, I'm sure we won't be able to extract gifts. So here's what I've decided on:

YOU WILL NOW PLAN YOUR PARTY. Post the plans on the blog. This can mean anything from invites to decorations to what food you will serve to who will be invited. Bonus points if you actually throw the party (I can tell you right now I will not be earning these bonus points) and bonus BONUS points if you can get people to get you things off your registry.

Because I will not be able to attend your pretend party, Laura, nor you mine, we will each also get one thing for the other person off of their registry. (El if you are in any way uncomfortable with this, we can scrap it, but I thought it might be fun to get mail that we actually want). Then whenever we receive the gifts we will post a thank you to the blog.
Deadline: Party planning and ordering the person's gift must be done by Sunday, March 29 (midnight your time).
Punishment for not being in the partying spirit: I'm staying with Laura's licking of the bottom of a shoe you wore all day.
Apology: This, admittedly had too many elements to it. I will next time think of my assignment before I "fly by the seat of my pants". The seat of my pants are torn, clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment